Thursday, March 26, 2015

My Passion

Hello,

Like the tittle says, todays post is going to be about photography, mainly me becoming a photographer. If you don't already know my passion is photography and I absolutely love everything that has to do with it. I've recently found my motivation again and decided to really get serious about it by beginning to learn photoshop and lightroom (which I should have been learning but its never too late to start), I've also been watching videos on youtube and reading blogs about the tips and tricks of what it takes to be a professional photographer. I'm more of a landscape/nature, pet, children, and event photographer but in order to get their you have to start somewhere and I have to continue building my portfolio. Right now my portfolio as you can see by the few pictures I've uploaded consist of nature (flowers, insects etc.), pets (my cousins dog lol), events (pride parade even though I wasn't able to actually capture the parade), children (my baby cousin), and a little bit of people (my friends). I'm working with a Canon Rebel T3i with an 18-55mm lens soon hoping to upgrade either the camera first or the lens, I also need to get some other equipments. I've created an Instagram for my pictures, if your interested follow me @laiahavin. I'm also looking for work hopefully as being an assistant or doing an internship for a photographer so if you know anybody in the New York area feel free to let me know. I may not have the experience most photographers look for in an assistant but I am a hard worker, fast learner, and I'm organized with customer service experience. If you have any advice on getting started, equipment ideas, or how to create a good portfolio feel free to comment down below it will be greatly appreciated :)

Midnight (taken by me)

No comments:

Post a Comment