Sunday, May 27, 2018

My Move to Whitewater, Wisconsin Pt. 2

My apologies for the long wait, I was getting my job life situated. Happy to be working again :) anyways back to the story....

Now the downside of living out there is 1. the health insurance isn't good, I got health insurance through the factory job and they basically covered nothing and I got billed close to $1,000 and it's still increasing with interest, like what! imagine the look on my face when I seen that especially coming from NY where you can get free insurance. 2. I was becoming socially depressed, yea I met people but they were more like work friends and the two girls I did become friends with, one of them left the job and became distant and the second one was only using me and when I realized that I cut her off. Then the guys I was meeting out there were just different then what I was used to and like many guys I've dealt with they just wanted to play games to which I was not having. 3. jobs, now yes my father and I was able to get a job within a week of moving out there but when I decided to leave the factory job (wasn't interested anymore and the work environment was like I was back in high school with all the gossiping) for the job my father was at which was an activity aide almost like a home health aide just a tad different, everything was good up until we got new staff and a new manager then my hours got cut which lead to less money and there were no other good jobs in that area, all the good jobs were like 1-2 hours away and there was only one car to share between two people (my father and I) so that wasn't an option. 4. food, omg nothing but fast food was surrounding us, basically forcing you to become a sack of potatoes lol. There were no Caribbean restaurants, like nobody out there knew what Oxtails were like what!!, no Spanish restaurants just Mexican (nothing wrong with that especially since they had this really good restaurant named Cozumel), the only market you can shop at in town is Walmart, the other markets like Aldi and Festival was again out of town so about a 1 hour drive, Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks again a 1 hour drive out of town smh now you see my struggle especially coming from NY where there are countless places to eat at and countless markets to choose from to grocery shop. 5. It's not a cultural diverse town whatsoever, surrounded by mostly Caucasian's and Mexican's with like a handful of African Americans and again it is a college town so also surrounded by a bunch of college students. 6. the weather.......don't let me get started on the weather, they have long brutally cold winters, it was my first time being in a state where the weather dropped to -18 yes you read that right -18!!!! and its funny because everybody out in Wisconsin swears its colder in NY like no my friend its really not lol. The snow last for what feels likes months even a little past winter and into spring and because its so cold out there the snow freezes sometimes, they even had a heavy hail storm once. The spring and summer, well when the weather finally catches up to the seasons the spring and summer are really nice out there except for 7. the insects, I really dislike certain insects you know the typical mosquitoes, roaches, spiders, any type of foreign weird insects lol and out there omg they have insects I never even knew about like box elder bugs, stink bugs (I've heard of them but never seen them), and other bugs I don't know the name of but the mosquitoes are the worse, they are vampires literally. In one summer I accumulated at least 30-50 mosquito bites all on both my legs and arms, it was crazy, I still have some of the scars.

Ok I think I'm done with all the negative things lol sorry I know its a lot and it would seem like I didn't have a positive time at all but there were good times.

Upside of living out there 1. scenery, I can't say that enough, its real beautiful out there especially when driving past all the beautiful farm animals, horses, cows, sheeps, goats etc. I got pictures but there aren't edited yet but once they are they will be uploaded on my Instagram and FB page so watch out for that. 2. I got to bond with my mother side of the family..well mm "bond" I bonded more with my older brother. I don't really get along with the rest of them. It was really great bonding with my brother because again I met him along with my mother and her side of the family for the first time when I was 16. In all honesty him and my new baby sister are the only ones I'll miss. 3. I learned how to ride a bike, yes before that I never knew how to ride a bike, I get excited telling people that I can finally ride a bike. I taught myself on my mothers bike with the support of my sister, and brother both forcing me to ride with them and telling me to keep trying even though they were low-key laughing at me lol. 4. car insurance, and apartments are cheap out there. My father and I found a two bedroom apartment for $725 and you know in NY a two bedroom apartment will run you a minimum of $1200. It was a nice apartment as well, I'll definitely miss that because now when I get the money again it will be a struggle to find an apartment out here unless I get lucky or get myself a roommate.

I think those are all the cons and pros, there are probably more but I just can't think of them right now lol sorry.

Now the reason for the move back to NY, well my father and I missed it a lot and we were both going through separate issues that lead us to the decision of moving back. Overall I'm happy to be back home, happy to be surrounded by my best friends, happy to to be surrounded by good food, and happy to be back with my grandma (fathers mother).

P.S. I have other blog post coming like since I started working again I started reading so I will be introducing a new blog series where I review the books I've read. Right now I'm reading a book called Midnight by Sister Soulja. I previously read her first novel The Coldest Winter Ever and boy that was a great read, kept me on my toes. If you like reading street literature as they call it then her books are perfect and I definitely recommend you reading them.

Hope you enjoyed my story :) Like/Share/Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment